Openin' Up a Can

Posted on March 29, 2008

Just finished the first service of the weekend. Check this out from earlier today. This is what I should have done on my day off…

10 Replies to "Openin' Up a Can"

• Tim Chambers
    March 29, 2008 (8:37 pm)

Ed, you are out of control. Where do I get me a can?

• Anonymous
    March 29, 2008 (10:43 pm)

I loved the message tonight, Ed! I especially loved the impression you did of the sloth. Priceless!
    My boyfriend didn’t like it quite as much as me, though. Don’t get me wrong. He enjoyed it. He just said something about being reminded of his faults wasn’t his idea of a good night. 🙂
    Looks like maybe you made your point with at least one of the single guys out there.

• adam mclane
    March 29, 2008 (10:47 pm)

This is great. I’m loving the pun! Thanks for showing us how to have a great time.

• Buddy Cremeans
    March 30, 2008 (4:43 am)

Ed, just turned my computer back on to find this post…hilarious!!…I’ve got to open up a can of that…however everything is still frozen up here in the UPPER STATE NEW YORK!
    Buddy

• Matt
    March 30, 2008 (11:39 am)

I’ve been trying to catch mea bass for two weeks but I can’t seem to. I now realize the problem. I didn’t have my can of whoop bass. Thank you for your inspiration.

• Brad
    March 30, 2008 (6:18 pm)

Does anybody know of a good counselor out there for Ed? Out of control. I’m starting to feel normal next to Ed! Keep up the great work! Don’t ever stop fishing –

• Ryan
    March 30, 2008 (10:31 pm)

Ed…wow! Have you been spying on me? I’m a 27-year-old Christian male who has strung along a beautiful woman for 17 months. Every single description you gave of the single male fit me perfectly. I’m definitely on the path headed toward “weirdosville.” I was once great looking, in shape, had a large social group, and worked diligently each day to reach my goals. As a result, I have a Masters degree and a great job. Okay, so what? That means nothing now. I spend every single second of my spare time on the couch watching ESPN. I have one good friend that lives 250 miles away. I pretty much lost touch with the rest of my friends because I never “feel like” doing anything! I just want to do nothing. That changes when I’m with my girlfriend. When I visit her on the weekends, we go out with (her) friends, go out with each other, and live active lives. I become a normal person. Well, because of your sermon, I might learn to be a normal person again. I proposed to my g/f 18 hours after hearing your sermon. I already planned to propose to her around this time but the whole “I’m not a 100% sure” thought was racing through my head. I was waiting for a burning bush! Fortunately, your sermon was my burning bush. I can’t think of a more powerful and direct sign from God than your pastor preaching a sermon titled “just get married.” Thankfully she said yes! I can’t believe she stuck around for 17 months. Anyway, take care and god bless!
    A sloth no more,
    Ryan

• Greg - The Bow-fisherman
    March 31, 2008 (1:07 pm)

I’ve always dreamed of throwin a Texas rigged lizard …right in that same spot. FYI – I have a brother in D.C. that watches you on TV every week. He’s an Army Chaplain, just got appointed to a position in the Pentagon (braggin a little?) – but he loves your messages. I can’t wait till he see’s last weekends message. Brother, you were on fire! Preciate ya!

• Dan Smith
    March 31, 2008 (4:36 pm)

That’s just funny. I don’t care who y’are!

• David @ The Chapel
    April 3, 2008 (9:13 am)

Epic!
    Sharing it with all my fishing buddies in the south and New York