Jimmy York 1975-2009

Posted on February 9, 2009

This past weekend, Fellowship Church lost a great friend and an amazing Christian man. Jimmy York died just before midnight on Saturday. He was 33 years old.

Those of us who knew Jimmy knew him as a man of integrity, humility, humor and generosity. He was a true reflection of Christ in our church. A husband, father, leader and friend, Jimmy was always willing to reach out to help anyone who needed it. It was his calling in life. And since 1999, Jimmy fulfilled that call here with us at Fellowship.

He will truly be missed by so many. Please join Lisa, me and the entire Fellowship family in lifting up his wife and his two young sons in prayer. The road they face ahead is rough. But we hold fast to the truth that Jesus Christ, who will lead them through, is full of grace and strength.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6).

9 Replies to "Jimmy York 1975-2009"

• Brad Christian
    February 9, 2009 (4:08 pm)

Praying for the fellowship family. Just last April we lost Vanessa and now Jimmy. I thank God for you guys, and the example you are to the creative church community.

• Terri Smith
    February 9, 2009 (5:40 pm)

My thoughts and prayers are with the york family.

• Mary and Mike Malkowski
    February 9, 2009 (8:58 pm)

God is always working in our lives…so Jimmy’s work is complete. Our prayers are with his wife, children,and the Fellowship family.

• Larry Boatright
    February 9, 2009 (9:32 pm)

Praying for you and your team and Jimmy’s family. SO sorry for all of your loss… I cannot even imagine the strain your team feels. We will be standing with you all during this time.

• Benjamin Faul
    February 10, 2009 (10:54 am)

Pastor Ed,
    Jimmy was my brother in law by marriage, and though I only met him a few times one could easily see his devotion to those he loved. He truly recognized God’s calling both in ministry and in his home. Thank’s for the comments.

• Matt Cates
    February 10, 2009 (11:05 pm)

I’m sad to see the loss of such devoted Christ follower and teacher. To magnify our Lord GOD, is to tell others about all the things he is to us, and it sounds like that is what he lived his life for. I could not think of a better legacy to have.

• Kirsten Garcia
    February 12, 2009 (10:30 am)

I knew the entire York family well and know in my heart that God has a real need in heaven for Jimmy. My prayers go out to the entire York family.
    Love and Respectfully,
    Kirsten

• Beverly York
    February 15, 2009 (11:55 am)

Thank you Fellowship Church for your love for our son. He truly loved the Lord with all his being and he loved this church. We thank you all for being there for Tricia and our grandsons and our prayers are for each of you as you continue to carry on the work Jimmy was so passionate about. God Bless each of you. Thank you for all your prayers. Jimmy’s Mom Bev.

• Victoria Brown
    February 27, 2009 (6:06 pm)

Ed and Fellowship Church,
    Thank you for your prayer and support for my sister Tricia, Auston and Braxton. I don’t know what would have happened if this church were not in place. Jimmy was an amazing man of God, who was passionate about his job,family,friends and our family will never be the same without him. At the same time we all know that God has a higher purpose. I can’t wait to someday be back in Dallas so I can all Fellowship Church home. God Bless Victoria Brown