Don't Miss the 7 Days of Sex Challenge!

Posted on November 11, 2008

20 Replies to "Don't Miss the 7 Days of Sex Challenge!"

• Althea
    November 11, 2008 (10:55 am)

I can’t understand why their have been no comments on this very important subject. This is by far the most bold and honest teaching I have ever heard on sex.
    I applaud you Pastot Ed for having the audacity to speak the truth in love.
    The black church of which I am a member, teaches a lot about economic and social injustice, which I believe is within my pastor’s calling. However, my pastor does not teach a lot about dealing with personal spiritual battles. Once and while he may surprise me. So I usually seek out other teaching material, since this is where I am called to be at this time.
    I am eagerly looking forward to week 3. I will be referring my friends and family to your website. I think every believer should hear what God is saying through you in order to awaken the body of Christ. For too long the church has fell asleep, becoming lukewarm on certain subjects and this one of them. You are exposed the devil in his rawest form.
    Thank again for caring enough to share this message.
    Althea

• Jennifer Warheit
    November 11, 2008 (1:21 pm)

This series is right on!!! Love it! You are in the groove!

• Stephan
    November 11, 2008 (4:00 pm)

This is awesome! I love it! Ed you rock!

• Michelle
    November 11, 2008 (10:45 pm)

Wow! I can’t wait to hear this message on Sunday.I applaud you Pastor Ed for not being afraid to talk abou sex. Our teenagers need to hear about sex so that when they are in a situation they know what to do. If we can talk about it in our public schools then we should be able to give our teenagers God’s view on sex too. By the way do you think this will start a Fellowship Church baby boom?

• Michael
    November 12, 2008 (6:29 am)

You should read some of the comments that are on the Dallas Morning News web site about this series. I can’t believe what some of these people say and think. It really shows that we as a church have a lot of work to do.
    Thanks ED for your work and this series.
    Michael

• angie
    November 12, 2008 (8:03 pm)

dear pastor-
    Just a line to say…. GOOD FOR YOU!!!! in addressinng a much needed topic, this is some of the best advice I’ve heard from a minister in a loooong time! Just wanted to thank you for stepping up to the bat and bringing the God inspired gift of passion back to marriage. Don’t let peoples opinions or the discouragement of critics get in your way… your series may save a few marriages. more people should try this before being so critical!!!!

• Jen (aka Limo Jen)
    November 12, 2008 (8:09 pm)

Greetings from Upper State New York!!!
    Loving the “press” coverage you are getting. Keep pressing forward. This is a true gift from God intended on being shared between a husband and wife.
    What I find amazing is that people are more willing to talk about their sex life than their finances. Unless, of course, you are in church. At this point, they tend to not want to talk about either. How can we be so tight lipped, when all that we have and all that we are is from God?
    Keep pushing the envelope. Tell it like it is!!
    God Bless!!!!

• Amy
    November 12, 2008 (10:41 pm)

As a single person, I am still looking forward to this! I have invited singles and marrieds alike to join me and the buzz is growing!
    I totally appreciate, and 100% support, your “pushing the envelope” to talk about this. These sermons provide great grounds – from a single point of view – to walk into a marriage. Now my question is, when are we gonna talk about selecting a mate? Yes, the Bible tells us to align ourselves with those like us, which therefore would create our “pool of potentials” but we’re also talking about “just…get…married”…so let’s talk about this! Really. I think this too would be a great conversation between our pastors and the congregation. Hopefully it, like these sex sermons, will inspire our counterparts, the marrieds, to examine their blessed choice in mate and praise those qualities and that gift.
    Keep on, keepin’ on!

• Paul Wirth
    November 13, 2008 (6:42 am)

Great job Fellowship. We are the church that launched the 30DaySexChallenge.com back in February it was amazing for our people and community. When sex is done Gods way and relationships are redirected to His standards it is amazing how incredible the sex and relationships can be.

• Liz Austin
    November 13, 2008 (8:16 am)

Wow! I was awakened by my husband this morning, excited for me to see one of my favorite pastors on TV. This is the man who sometimes will watch Ed Young with me if he has absolutely nothing else to do. He says ” Get up, you got to come see Ed Young on the morning show.” And there is Ed on the morning show with Connie Chung, talking about the “sex for 7 days” challenge. Let me tell you, he is up for the challenge. About a year ago, I begged him to read your book, “Creative Marriage” which talks so much about this very subject. He never was interested in my promptings to get him to read the book. Then I read, “Kid CEO” and about how the marriage is the ultimate relationship. Kids will come and go, but the marriage is the sacred relationship that sets the setting in everyday life. He read a few pages about the “date night” and dropped the book. The other night I prayed to God that I longed for my husband and children to all want to be disciples for Christ just as I have chosen to be, but I knew that only God could make that happen. And I am awaken this morning by God’s divine intervention. This is just one of those God moments where you just know that you know! God is using your message to reach out to my husband. AND HE IS RESPONDING! I do believe he is pumped up and ready for GAME DAY this Sunday to watch>>>>> ED YOUNG and to accept the challenge. Thank you Ed. God is using you in AMAZING ways.
    May God bless you and your family during this holiday season.
    Liz Austin
    Wheeler, TX

• Donna
    November 13, 2008 (11:20 am)

Dear Pastor Young,
    I had just finished my devotional time and turned the t.v. on. There you were on a news show talking about your challenge. I called my husband at work and asked if he had ever heard of you. He had. This I know was a God appointment, for me to turn the t.v. on, at that exact moment.I watched Sunday’s sermon via web cast. My husband and I, Lord willing, plan to take on your challenge.
    He did chuckle when I told him. (Naturally)
    I have asked my husband for us to do the challenge as a spiritual birthday gift to me. This Sunday I will be 30 years old in the Lord.
    Again God works for good in our lives when we least expect it. Your courage and honesty are respected God has given you this word in due season.

• Cori Smelker
    November 13, 2008 (11:56 am)

A friend of mine sent me this link this morning and I wrote back and said, “Seven days? I laugh in the face of seven days!” You see my husband and I picked up a copy of “Just Do It!” the story of the couple who made love for 101 straight days and we have taken the challenge. We are on Day 56!
    We are 43 (husband) and 41. We own three businesses, we are active in our church and the community and we have five children who do extra-curricular activities. But we find the time, every day, to make love. It has cemented an already-strong marriage. The beauty of it is there are no excuses, no “I’m too tired” lines, and no rejections.
    I told my pastor’s wife about our decision and she was excited to hear about it. Personally I think every married couple should go on an adventure like this, whether 7 days, or 70 or 700!
    Good on Pastor Ed Young for talking about this in the church – for too long we’ve been embarrassed to talk about sex, and the devil has had a field day – time for the Christians to take back what belongs to us!

• lallie
    November 13, 2008 (7:16 pm)

My husband & I are baptists from SC; we saw the pastor’s interview on the Early Show. We’v been married almost 4 yrs-we married late in life, are both in recovery, and love the Lord. We owe our lives to Him and want to live for and serve Him. When we saw the challenge, we looked at each other and smiled. We are both dealing with physical ailments but we plan to participate. I agree, many pastors do not talk about shhh…sex.. in nor out of the pulpit. My husband & I love to read Song of Songs: it’s our way of lovemaking without taking our clothes off; we share with each other the obvious love God has for us because he created such a beautiful act for a husband & wife to share; and we do have those physical ailments! But we will pray to our God for His strength in continuing to build up our relationship with Him & each other, and go forward with much excitement!

• Anntronett
    November 13, 2008 (7:17 pm)

Thank you! I’m single and waiting (just so you know). Chills shot through my body when my mother told me about you on the news. Immediately I looked you up on the internet. You were quoted in an article saying, “I think our culture, sadly, has taken sex out of context, and we want to put it back in context”. Tears came to my eyes and my spirit got excited. My spirit agrees with what your saying and its confirmation to what the Holy Spirit has been dealing with me about. I believe the Lord is going to use me to restore love, sex and marriage to its Kingdom concept. Until now, I didn’t know the Lord was dealing with anyone else about this.
    I was blown away by this making national news. Sex and marriage obviously are “not” being discussed as they should. If they were, you wouldn’t be on the news for this.
    Please, be encouraged and continue to preach exactly what the Spirit gives you; even the things that are taboo that neither the church nor the world want to hear. I don’t know when, but I’ll be helping you bring this back to the Kingdom in my part of the country.
    God Bless You!

• Kelly Beck
    November 14, 2008 (8:20 am)

I am so thankful to be a part of Fellowship Church. Many people including the media are taking this message out of context. I encourage everyone to listen to the series and messages, because they are life changing. So many of us are tempted on a day to day basis with lust.
    After all, God designed sex. If we can’t talk about sex in church, then where should we talk about it??
    Since finding FC in 1998 when I was single and finally becoming a member with my husband of five years in 2004, I’m telling you that this church and your teachings have changed mine and my husband’s lives. I was on the beaten path and now I am free.
    Thanks again Ed for your messages. I encourage EVERYONE to listen whether it be in person or a TV broadcast, website or podcast.
    Thanks Ed,

• Tina Moore
    November 14, 2008 (4:58 pm)

Hooray! As a sexually abused young person which led to some marital dysfunction that led to divorce and many questions to my great big GOD, I got your message years ago but of course, as a woman, my message of Godly sex wasn’t heard too well. I have prayed for a prominent Godly man to teach it…THANK YOU! My only addition would be to let people know that it may be the highest form of worship which is why satan has worked hard to destroy it….THANK YOU!,THANK YOU!,THANK YOU! and I pray for extreme results that will change this generation especially to know the joy of Godly, marital, heterosexual, ecstasy!

• sanchez
    November 14, 2008 (9:53 pm)

Thank you, thank you! This 7-day sex challenge, Ed, is golden! Showers of praise from my wife and I, whose sex life over the years has stagnated and become, I suppose, a little rusty.
    Trombon Eiler, a good family friend, helped my father overcome a literal fear he had of sex by encouraging him to seek it out with his wife in a holy way instead of cowering from it as if it were sin! Trombon died in 1999, and I wish he could see what effect your challenge is now having across the country.
    We have a ritual now, my wife and I: after dinner, sit by our fire and share a cup of tea, bagging our usual TV indulgences in favor of talking and sharing our days, which leads not only to emotional intimacy but, now with your challenge, a desire to turn that back into physical intimacy as well.
    It’s frustrating that Satan’s angry dragons and minions have confused the world about sex and made it into something else. It’s refreshing to find a church that is willing to show the beauty in something that the world has so wrongly labeled dirty.

• katrina l
    November 17, 2008 (2:54 pm)

Dear Ed…
    I just wanted to comment on your current series. When I was younger, and had children out of wedlock, it killed me.I knew without being married and doing these things would land me in hell. Growing up in a religious home, what scared me the most, was knowing it was wrong to have “relations” without being married.But praying, and seeking God and talking to my future spouse, I stood up for myself. I felt if I was good enough to sleep with, I was good enough to marry. He was shocked with my comments, but I was willing to take a stand for Christ with or without him. I knew that God was the man I needed to be with and trusting God to put the right people in my path. I am married to that awesome man now though. For woman who are out there that are single, and think they need a man to complete them, is absoultly insane, because God needs to come first for everything will come full circle, the right way. Thank You

• Claudia
    December 2, 2008 (4:14 pm)

One day before Thanksgiving i heard about this challenge in the news…i was laughing so loud because i didn’t think i could made it.
    My husband and i now have 5 non stop days and we are very close, we are happier, and everyday we thank the Lord for our blessings. As a married couple we are better and we can’t live without each other.
    Thank you!!!

• Plum
    December 4, 2008 (9:42 am)

Pastor Ed,
    I thank GOD for you and your wife! Thank you for finally teaching us the truth!
    My husband and I are on day 9, so that should tell you something, LOL.
    All of my family and friends have found a new teacher of GOD’s word in you. Thank you again, for being brave enough to tell us the truth.
    Most churches make it impossible to have a relationship with GOD through all of their rules and regulations. They take GOD’s word and twist it to their own agendas and by doing so, do the work of Satan himself.
    Thank the LORD you and your wife are telling us the TRUTH!!!! May GOD bless you all!!!