Still Politicked?

Posted on October 24, 2008

Politicked had a huge impact on our church! And with the presidential vote is just around the corner, I want that to spread to as many people as possible. Everyone needs to hear God’s truth about this topic. So for the next two Sundays, Politicked will be airing on USA as well as other television networks. Click here to find your local time and station.

If there were people you wished had seen it but didn’t, this is their chance! If you saw it but took it one way, I challenge you to watch it again with an open heart. Listen to what Kathy commented about just two weeks ago:

"Immediately after hearing yesterday’s sermon, I was pretty perturbed… However, thank God for technology because I just finished viewing the sermon again.  This time I heard your sermon differently."

Don’t miss this series (again)! Because together, we can make a significant impact on our nation this election year.

11 Replies to "Still Politicked?"

• Terrace Crawford
    October 24, 2008 (11:59 pm)

Ed, you change your blog design daily. Funny thing is, I love it every time. Keep up the great work. BTW, I catch you on USA every week and read your daily devos. Awesome stuff.

• Rona Davis
    October 25, 2008 (11:37 am)

Ed, as a member of Fellowship Church for seven years I would be hard pressed to pick out a favorite series/message/sermon, but Politicked is definately in the top five!
    I just want to say thank you so very much for your courage and zeal to step out in faith and preach such a hard-cutting, hard-hitting, impactful message! I have been watching the blog for the past two weeks and reading the comments and I am amazed at the division among us over this. I guess I thought that Fellowship was pretty above-board and transparent in all teachings and attitude so I find it surprising to find so many finding Politicked surprising. (What??? Did that make sense – it did to me, LOL.) Seriously, THIS is what we need today!! This is what our young, impressionable and easily deceived children need to hear.
    But then again – don’t you always preach this way?? I think so! One of my favorite things about Fellowship is how you never water down the truth or compromise one word of the Word! I thank you for that, too.
    I vote Jesus!! : D

• Lori Tyndall
    October 26, 2008 (8:12 am)

I am so thankful you speak the truth of the word of God, I do not understand how a professed christian could possibly vote without concern for the biblical values and teachings being their top priority in the decision making process when it comes to elected officials! I feel we will be judged by God one day and that this is one of the things he will want us to explain, our vote and the choice to vote on money matters instead of Godly matters!

• john muczko
    October 26, 2008 (10:17 am)

I am a 70, a vet and I live in FLA. I have family in Dallas and have been to your church…I just saw your sermon on “Politicked” WOW…Finally, some common sense with a strong Biblical foundation. Should be on Mainstreet Media..every church should be showing this..You do not have to be a rocket scientist to understand….I pray that the Lord will lead voters to the right choice and they “vote the bible” Thanks and God Bless……..john

• Charles Joyner
    October 26, 2008 (4:28 pm)

Ed, who wants a Pastor to be up-to-date and know what is going on right-now with the “people”?
    Me 🙂
    Is that different?
    And when Tracy this Weekend said he yelled at the TV… was awesome.

• Amy
    October 26, 2008 (6:14 pm)

It’s true! You must watch this video time and again to really digest all the bites being given to you. Listen and listen again to Politicked, Part Two.
    The nuggets you’re offering are words of honesty and conviction. Like always it boils down to one simply thing: follow Jesus! With every step and every decision, follow Jesus.
    Thanks for this series! And as a FC Fort Worth member, many kudos to Pastor Barnes for a great wrap up to this series on Sunday!

• Mark Carbone
    November 2, 2008 (7:39 am)

What a wonderful sermon
    I live in Orlando and we’re attacked daily by the liberal media not telling us the truth about the election.
    Thank you so much for being so bold and giving us a clear choice as to which candidate has God’s intentions at heart.
    Thank you for being bold!!!!!!!!!!!

• Pam Carr
    November 2, 2008 (10:03 am)

I have been so impressed by Ed Young’s sermons these past two weeks on politics. I applaud him and the COURAGE he has shown in proclaiming God’s message to our nation. Let’s vote Jesus and his commands.

• Harry Wind
    November 2, 2008 (6:01 pm)

Politicked!! What an amazing sermon! I catch your sermons when I can but today’s really spoke to me. I have become involved in the campaign for California’s proposition 8 – the marriage protection amendment. We have been so bombarded by society’s desire to be viewed as tolerant and approving that I think that we have become a nation of lazy thinkers; allowing others to do our thinking for us. I have really struggled to understand why our local churches (mine included) are not playing a more visible role in this. Perhaps there is fear of damaging relations within the community. However, hearing your message today has re-energized me. Your willingness to stand in front of the camera and fearlessly speak about the need for Christians stand up and defend biblical beliefs is an example that pastors and congregations in our state should follow.

• Les Smith
    November 2, 2008 (9:44 pm)

WOW! What a great message. If the Church would stand up as bold as your message, we would not be in the mess that we are today. Thank you!
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

• Michael
    November 13, 2008 (6:55 pm)

I want to congratulate you for your courage and the suggestion that your married congregants engage in 7 days of sex. Far too many married Christians live in sexless marriages, which I beleive is a form of sexual immorality. The marriage bed is an obligation to both the man and the woman and is not optional barring mitigating or health circumstances. Also, glad to see a Pastor talking and being a champion of what God created . . . SEX!