Back to the Basics

Posted on April 29, 2008

9 Replies to "Back to the Basics"

• Kelly
    April 30, 2008 (6:21 pm)

Back to the Basics…Thanks Ed.

• Jody Earley
    April 30, 2008 (10:02 pm)

Nice moves. That point is so right on. It’s easy to be sidetracked by the basics because people applaud the tricks. Although it’s the basics that bring greatest results over the long run.

• Pace Hartfield
    April 30, 2008 (11:16 pm)

Pastor- You are incredibly creative and incredibly simple at the same time. Amazing!
    Thanks for the reminder and thank your for leading us.

• Cassy
    May 1, 2008 (12:02 am)

haha.. ed.. you are a skipping machine!

• HEATHER
    May 1, 2008 (10:30 am)

That’s awesome! I’m still learning how to jump rope (in ministry) but thanks for the caution on the lure to learn too many tricks.

• Ted
    May 1, 2008 (2:01 pm)

Great analogy!

• Bo Lane
    May 3, 2008 (9:57 pm)

You’re like twice my age but could probably kick my butt anyway … so, in honor of the mighty muscles (and powerful message), I will adhere to your wise words.
    Blessings Pastor Muscles.
    Bo-

• Sara
    May 4, 2008 (7:11 am)

It’s amazing how God shows you something you needed to hear at just the right time! I needed to hear this simple yet powerful video. I am beginning to feel the “church burnout” and that’s what I need…to get back to basics. To get back to what got me here in the first place…Christ’s unconditional, undying love for me.
    Thank you!

• dan
    May 5, 2008 (3:29 pm)

Ed; in collaboration with your message this past weekend, for me getting back/not doing the basics has been the essence of my challenges.
    From finding the church that i can relate to to dating and personal struggles, i rountinely forget to put God at the center. If i love the Lord first/foremost by serving his people, then “all these things will be added unto me”.
    through discernment i have made FC FW my church and signed up to become a volunteer. in my relatively short time of coming to FC and hearing you ED, your methods and actions of presenting the gospel hit right between the eyes, and i needed this.
    God bless you.