The Perfect Shot

Posted on April 3, 2008

You know me; you know I love espresso. Thought I’d share the love!

13 Replies to "The Perfect Shot"

• Kris Sorensen
    April 2, 2008 (8:33 am)

Did you actually say “cuppy cup” at 3:39? Hahahaha you kill me Ed.

• ac5
    April 2, 2008 (9:43 am)

I cannot believe I spent over 9 minutes watching you make espresso and I don’t even drink coffee!

• Sandra West
    April 2, 2008 (10:04 am)

I was always a tea drinker, both iced tea and hot tea, but I have recently started to enjoy some of the fancy coffee items available at places like Starbucks. It was interesting to see how to make espresso…thanks for the education. God is so good to us and has provided such variety of foods and beverages to sustain us…both physically and emotionally! Next time out, I will have to try to some espresso, now that I understand the proper process. Hope everyone on the Fellowship team has an awesome day!

• carl
    April 2, 2008 (2:02 pm)

where can i get me a mr. cuppy cup and matching towel? keep blogging. i love it!

• Jonathan
    April 2, 2008 (3:07 pm)

Ed I’m loving the blog. I’m actually a barista over at a local coffee shop in Highland Village called Texas Roast. If you like good coffee you should check it out. Freshly roasted and we use the old school machines! God bless.
    -Jonathan

• josh
    April 2, 2008 (3:45 pm)

hey Ed, love your blog man. I am a barista at Starbucks and have been working for the company for almost 10 years. i hear what you’re saying about the automated machines. i trained on the old manual machines and wouldn’t trade them for anything. for reference, the “perfect shot” should be between 14-17 seconds, and that “thingy” that the espresso goes in is called a portafilter. if you have a mailing address, let me know and I’ll send you some espresso that I think is the best in the world. and it’s NOT Starbucks. 🙂 keep up the blogging, I’m enjoying it!

• Mel
    April 2, 2008 (3:49 pm)

I’m with ac5, I just watched a video on espresso and I don’t even like anything that has to do with coffee. You must be a really great speaker to hold my attention that long! I think you hooked me with the “Mr. cuppy cup” comment. My husband on the other hand loves it and just blogged recently about pressed coffee which he is absolutely crazy about.

• SteveT
    April 2, 2008 (7:18 pm)

Ahhh, pure layered thirty-second fresh espresso. Forget all the foam and milk and double pumps of fakeness. Drink coffee the way it should be experienced, 3 ounces and 75 ml of caffeine at a time. Just don’t forget to rise out your cup before you pull another shot. A man after my own heart

• Victoria
    April 2, 2008 (9:35 pm)

I must agree with the others…9 minutes of coffee talk was never more entertaining! It says a lot about your gift of speaking. Of course I love coffee, so that made it all the better! I try to catch your message every week on TV. You are very blessed and I appreciate you sharing the blessings.

• Daniel Martin
    April 2, 2008 (11:33 pm)

…is Mr. Cuppy Cup and Plain White Towel available as a gift set in The Source? 🙂

• mark schilling
    April 3, 2008 (8:55 am)

pastor ed your crazy. Americas most awesome pastor truly caring for the flock of Christ by teaching them how to make espresso… I LOVE IT!! I love mr. cuppy cup, I love mr towel, love the WHOLE set up…KEEP IT UP..YOU ROCK

• Jose Noy
    April 8, 2008 (7:43 pm)

Has anyone seen my cup of coffee?

• Ashlyn Simon
    April 11, 2008 (10:46 am)

I had my 18 year old daughter watch this with me and we laughed and laughed. At 18 it is often difficult to find Mother/Daughter moments that are not a tug of war of wills – and I appreciated having a few minutes where we were both laughing and having a great time. This video/blog led us into a full day of fun later when we went prom dress shopping. We carried that light hearted spirit with us all day!
    Thank you for who you are and all you do!