The day…

Posted on March 19, 2008

It’s just a few days away…Easter. One of the biggest…no. Scratch that. The biggest day of celebration for any Christian, for any church. It’s the time of the year when pretty much anyone will give church a chance. If you’re part of a church, don’t let this opportunity pass by. There’s someone in your life that needs to hear about Jesus. And you are the one they’ll hear it from. Invite them to church.

If you aren’t part of a  church, I encourage you to check it out. You may have doubts. We all do. But do what you need to do to put those doubts to rest.

And if you are a pastor, know that people everywhere are praying for you. We’re praying for you. This is going to be a difficult week. I know. You’ll fight with your spouse, your kids will act up and traffic will be horrible. (Did they really need to start the construction project this week?!)

Recognize those things for what they are. Attacks. But don’t let those things keep you from what God has called you to do this week. Because remember, this Sunday is the day….

11 Replies to "The day..."

• Mike Ash
    March 19, 2008 (3:16 pm)

This is great stuff, especially looking at the week I’ve had. Thanks for the perspective change!

• Tim Moore
    March 19, 2008 (5:58 pm)

Very well said Ed, our church sent out 4,000 postcards out to our community in Green Bay to try and draw the un-churched to our church this Easter. I’ve dealt with some major depression issues this week, and we’ve had a hard time finding a drummer for the service. But I know God is going to move in an awesome way because of our faithfulness and we will persevere! I will be praying for Fellowship and all of your services this weekend. God Bless you!

• Kyle Steven
    March 19, 2008 (10:32 pm)

I mentioned in another one of your blogs I lead contemporary worship (first one) at the Crystal Cathedral and God wants to do a huge work there and Satan has tried everything in his rule book to stop the NEW work of God there. We’re doing a HUGE thing with contemporary music for the first time and I’m telling you I feel the oppression.
    I’m in the thick of it all. I pray for you guys… pray for the CC to turn around. God wants it to. I want to see it happen. Also pray for me anyone, I have a HUGE target on my back sometimes I feel.
    Kyle

• Ariel Martinez
    March 19, 2008 (10:34 pm)

As strenuous and difficult as it has been for our staff to plan Easter services for a church of 900, I can only imagine what a feat it is for you guys at FC to prepare for your big weekend.
    I want you to know that I will be praying for you and for FC this weekend and may we as pastors and leaders not get so caught up in preparing for this weekend that we lose sight of the majesty of the Resurrection.
    May God reveal to you in a new way this Easter what it is all about and may He give you, your team, and your church supernatural grace to reap a huge harvest this weekend!

• Amy Rheudasil
    March 19, 2008 (10:43 pm)

This is an important week…I know God is preparing so many hearts for brokenness and vulnerability. A big thanks to you and the rest of our Fellowship staff for making our church such a wonderful and exciting place to bring our lost family and friends. I am praying for great things this Easter! My husband and I pray that you will have an awesome week Ed!

• SteveT
    March 20, 2008 (12:24 am)

Thanks for the uplift, as a pastor and fellow blogger I’m looking forward to the great content. Hope you keep it up.

• Sandra West
    March 20, 2008 (8:51 am)

If someone asked us today to participate on a team that would save a life, most of us would be willing…even thrilled at the opportunity. It would be awesome to know that we participated in the important work of saving someone from death.
    Now how many of those same people get excited about inviting others to church…and yet you are basically doing the same thing. You are participating on a team that can save a life…for eternity!
    God doesn’t expect us to do the work alone. He puts us on a team where everyone has a different role to play. Personally, I think being the one to do the inviting is the first step and without team members to do this part, how can anyone else perform their role? We should remember we are not alone in trying to bring someone to a relationship with Christ. We are just part of a team of people who love others enough to share with them the incredible gift God has given to us.
    I am so glad someone cared enough about me to step out in faith and invite me to church…and then let the others on God’s team do their part.

• Buddy
    March 20, 2008 (1:50 pm)

Welcome to the blog world Ed! Love it!!
    Thanks for the encouragement…we are praying for you and Fellowship Church as well!
    Buddy

• Troy Gramling
    March 22, 2008 (9:07 pm)

Praying for you Bro…Asking God to give you guys a BIG Easter…

• Jason Wilsey
    March 26, 2008 (10:48 am)

Man, I just saw the blog – I wish I had read this last week… even now its a great encouragement – Easter week was everything you described but it was definitely all worth it…it always is.
    I’m thankful for leaders like you who aren’t afraid to pull back the curtain so that we may share in the experience, and grow.
    God’s doing great things in Delaware, pray we can stay true to his vision for our community.

• Courtney Edwards
    March 27, 2008 (12:54 pm)

I have been a member of Fellowship Church since it was held at MacArthur High School. You are the only pastor I know that really captures my attention and leaves an impression on my heart with the word of God. Easter weekend was a great weekend for my husband and I. I love that you compared the covenant of the resurrection to the covenant of marriage. You truly brought tears to my eyes with the worship. Thanks for bringing a piece of heaven to earth every Service you hold. I know that is the case with the visitors too as they leave our campus. You are Always in my prayers!