It's Time to Land the Jet!

Posted on October 1, 2011

Men – it’s time to commit and land the jet! Let me hear from you about how you’re committed, where you’re committed and who you’re committed to!

[youtube qiaL7hoOTWU 500 315]

Comment here and follow me on Facebook or on Twitter!

One time Lisa and I were on a flight leaving Las Vegas and after we took off, the pilot said,

“You know what?  We’ve gotta turn around and land because we’ve had the central hydraulic system to fail.”  And of course, everyone was real quiet in the cabin and you start thinking about whoa.. is this it?  Is this it?  And we circled the airport it seemed like hours but it was only 15 minutes.  And I kept saying,

“Man, this guy’s gotta land the jet.  The jet has got to land.  He’s gotta land the jet.”  And finally after circling he landed the jet.  There were fire trucks and everything out there.  We emerged off the jet, free, unharmed, unscathed.  What was so funny was several hours later we took another flight back to Dallas and as we were about midway from Las Vegas to Dallas a fight broke out on the plane. It was just a crazy, crazy time.

Here’s what I want you to think about, guys.  I’m at the Men’s Conference.  It’s time for us to land the jet.  Because let’s face it, we move around like jets.  Here, there, and yonder.  We’re going, we’re moving, we’re grooving.  It’s time, though, to land the jet.  To be committed to God, committed to your spouse, committed to family, and committed to the house.  I want to hear from you!  Because you want to commit, and I know you do, but  I want to hear from you because when you write out and type out your commitment, when you answer my question on this blog, I’m telling you, it’ll help your commitment.  To reveal it, to go on record.  So it’s time to land the jet!  Let me hear from you.  I’m committed.  I’m going on my blog and telling you.  Are you committed?

38 Replies to "It's Time to Land the Jet!"

• pH
    October 1, 2011 (6:22 pm)

Two words preacher man: “A” “Men.”

I’m not just committing to my wife, I’m committing to MY ACTIONS TOWARDS my wife.

• Eloy
    October 1, 2011 (6:26 pm)

keep bringing’ it!

• Casey
    October 1, 2011 (6:26 pm)

Thank you Pastor Ed Young for an awesome word on commitment. We all need to commit to things going on in our lives. Thank you again!

• Robert
    October 1, 2011 (6:35 pm)

I commit my body, mind, and spirit to God’s purpose for my life. There are so many things in life which will sidetrack you and take you captive. I commit to questioning my actions and my thoughts before moving forward and asking God for direction.

• Kyle
    October 1, 2011 (6:39 pm)

Wow…what a powerful two nights!! I thought my jet was already completely landed, but God has shown me even more that I need to commit to him!! I thought I was leading my loving and leading my wife, but I can be better!! I thought I was loving and leading my friends, but I can do better! Thanks you Jesus for always allowing us room for improvement!!

• Dave Clark
    October 1, 2011 (6:53 pm)

Awesome stuff! I am committed to live my life to bring glory to my Savior Jesus Christ, to love and treasure my wife, to love and lead my family in a Godly way and to make The Church (The House) a priority in my family!

Step up men and land the Jet!

• Cob
    October 1, 2011 (7:10 pm)

Thankful for FC! I’m committed to my God, my wife, my family and my Church! Praise him!

• Mike Johnson
    October 1, 2011 (7:21 pm)

What a weekend! I’m all in for a commitment that will take my life to another level. Thanks Pastor Ed for a great, great men’s conference! Thanks FC Staff and Volunteers as well…another great event at Fellowship Church!

• Erick
    October 1, 2011 (8:23 pm)

I’m in!!!

• Carter
    October 1, 2011 (8:44 pm)

What a conference!!!! Every weekend men should lead out like that a bring the energy.

Committing to: God/Church, Wife, Kids and bringing more men.

Thanks again

• Jeremy
    October 1, 2011 (9:05 pm)

Thankful for our church, after an awesome weekend at the Men’s Conference, this fits in nicely to commit back to my family, my church, and my wife. I need to start striving to be the man, they already think I am, and the man God wants me to be.

• Dan
    October 1, 2011 (9:10 pm)

Thank you so much for the challenge to Land the Plane. I’m commmitted to pouring my passion into my God, my wife, my kids, The House, and those outside the House.

• Tianne
    October 1, 2011 (10:13 pm)

It was a powerful sight this weekend to see The House packed with men at the men’s conference. Thanking God for the many men here at FC who are willing to stand up for their God, their families and their church! You inspire us to be better women!

• Paul Z
    October 1, 2011 (10:17 pm)

When a “yes” means maybe, and you may never even hear a “no” this challenge couldn’t have come at a better time. Thank you Pastor for always encouraging us to grow as we go! I’m ALL in!

• Austin
    October 1, 2011 (11:37 pm)

Very inspiring words that we all need to remember and live by!

• Jim Mitchell
    October 2, 2011 (1:26 am)

WOW! What a conference this weekend. If you aren’t fired up to to go out and MAKE JESUS FAMOUS after being a part Men’s Conference 2011 at FC…then you may not be a MAN. Thank you Pastor Ed and FC Church for the vision to lead. Thank you FC Volunteers for allowing us MEN to do what we do!

• Tracy Barnes
    October 2, 2011 (1:39 am)

The jet has landed and I’m committed.

• Shepdawggz
    October 2, 2011 (1:54 am)

This is a topic that has caused so much controversy in so many homes and marriages… I’m so glad we have a pastor like ed young jr that is helping to land jets and calling us to live the luxurious life that Christ has called us to live. Now, there ain’t nothing to it but to do it!

• Brennan
    October 2, 2011 (3:58 am)

Landed the jet, I’m all in!

• Scott
    October 2, 2011 (12:22 pm)

I commit to land the Jet! I commit to being a better listener and encouraged to my wife. I commit to raising my son in a Godly way. I commit to have my family at Church. I commit help reach out and bring people to Fellowship Church so they can know the secret to my success…Jesus! I commit to land the Jet.

• cldotme
    October 2, 2011 (7:05 pm)

I commit to landing the jet! I’ve felt like I am metaphorically flying around the runway and not allowing myself to be comforted by knowing God has a plan in my life. After hearing Pastor Weems speak at this year’s Men of the House men’s conference I realize what I have, that is faith and love, what I am lacking and what consequently is hindering me from being comforted by the grace of God, that is hope. God tells us in Jeremiah 29:11 that he has plans to prosper us, give us hope and a future, so commit to landing the plane so he will continue to provide a luxurious, hopeful life in Him.

• citymanual
    October 2, 2011 (10:26 pm)

Thanks for the great information – I enjoyed watching it! I always love your blog.

• Prater
    October 3, 2011 (1:24 am)

Commit to ::
    -Continual passion for the HOUSE!
    -Loving my BRIDE!
    -Leading my FAMILY!
    -Being a good STEWARD!
    -Taking care of my HEALTH!
    -Praying for and REACHING those away from God!
    -Honoring all AUTHORITY in my life!

Couldn’t be more excited where THE MEN IN THIS HOUSE are right now! Seeking to be better, learning how to walk out their faith, and applying Biblical principles to their lives! Let’s advance the message of CHRIST like never before!

• Ken Holladay
    October 3, 2011 (3:01 pm)

While God has revealed several areas of my character that need a makeover, two things stand out that will impact them all. 1) Be in His word. 2) Spend time with Him in prayer.

God deserves my best, and I am commited to bringing it to Him.

• DSmith
    October 3, 2011 (3:39 pm)

Thank you Pastor Ed for another amazing conference at Fellowship Church. Men were changed, are being changed, and will bring change because of what God did in so many lives this past weekend.

I’m Committed to:

-Reading and doing what the Bible says.
    -Serving the House in the leadership opportunities I’ve been given (Praying for wisdom and discernment).
    -Reaching
    -Praying for the leadership of our church, of our city, and of our nation.

• Joshua Singleton
    October 3, 2011 (3:55 pm)

Great conference and challenge! Im always down for men to be men! I love my wife and challenged to show her how much i love her. Im striving to make sure God is first in my life as I lead my home and love my wife as Christ loves the church!

• Rafael DeFaria
    October 3, 2011 (3:58 pm)

This weekend was awesome! I’m committed to my family, to God’s ministry,to my church, to my school, to people around me……I am committed!!!!

• Paul D. Carter
    October 3, 2011 (4:01 pm)

I joined FC Dallas two weeks ago. My wife and I are Salty Seniors and we joined because FC is doing something! I am employed part-time and am available to help in any way possible. A combination of 15 years as a police office and 30+ years in the ministry and we are ready. Where do you need us?

• Liz Leija
    October 3, 2011 (4:19 pm)

My heart rejoiced seeing all the cars in the parking lot of all of the men committing to growing spiritually and coming to the Man’s Stuff Conference. Thanks for the reminder that it’s not just a weekend commitment but ongoing.

• Oscar Turman
    October 3, 2011 (7:31 pm)

The Jet has landed I’m committed. This conference was incredible! Let’s make the name of Jesus famous!

• MD
    October 3, 2011 (9:59 pm)

Incredible Men’s Conference and weekend at Fellowship Church! I was challenged in many areas and am committing to DO what the Word says and to make the House a priority in my family.

• Pace
    October 4, 2011 (12:58 am)

Thank you for this challenge. This week men all across our campuses committed together to land the jet. I believe the decisions made this weekend will have a great ripple effect in our city, nation, and world.

• Andy
    October 4, 2011 (3:41 pm)

This was one of the most powerful, convicting and inspirational weekends I can remember! Thank you so much to Pastor Ed Young, to Pastor Stovall Weems and to John Gray for the encouragement to commit and the challenge to stand up to be the man God has called me to be! There’s no question, there is power when men of God open the word of God and hear the voice of God…and it gives us the ability and drive to do the will of God!

• LLF
    October 4, 2011 (4:12 pm)

It was amazing and inspiring to witness (while serving) so MANY men come together to be inspired by and learn from the Word of God through Pastor Ed Young, Stovall Weems, and John Gray. Thank you, God, for a church like FC who challenges men and all of us to answer the call YOU have placed on our lives!

• Thomas
    October 6, 2011 (4:10 am)

Ed, thanks for such an awesome challenge. I am totally committed to keeping this jet grounded at home and at the House. Like John Gray said last weekend, my wife is my multiplier….and in doing so, the love and respect and commitment that I show her is multiplied many times over as an extension of my character. Keeping this jet grounded is a no-brainer.

• Stuart
    October 9, 2011 (10:49 pm)

Thanks for the challenge Ed! Quiet time with God, that’s what I need to commit to – not just asking for stuff (I’m already committed to that, ha), but just thanking Him and basking in the glow of His forgiveness and love. Amen!

• Heath
    October 10, 2011 (3:25 pm)

I’m transitioning my whole life around to being commited to God and what he wants for me. Struggling with being commited to letting God take control of everything. One major area is the area of finances to him. I started giving 10 at the begining of the year and stopped after some financial strains and haven’t been doing it since. I feel it tugging on me every saturday at service. Pray that I will just start back on it and leave it God to provide. Thanks for the challenge. I also will commit to more quiet time with God every morning in his word and starting my day with prayer and at night before I go to bed. I need that jump start for my day.

• STEVEN A. GAGE
    October 15, 2011 (4:42 pm)

I commit to being a leader in my house. I commit to serving god, I commit to serving at Fellowship church, I commit to put God first!! I commit to setting the example, and following Christ