Saturday Morning with the Idiot's Guide

Posted on February 13, 2009

I shot this during the Crazy Pill series. It's just a snapshot of a typical Saturday morning when I'm preaching.

13 Replies to "Saturday Morning with the Idiot's Guide"

• Gabe Taviano
    February 14, 2009 (12:02 am)

Nice work on the paintings – with the highlighter in the Bible and with the fish! Great to see how you study on Saturdays. Thanks for sharing Ed!

• shawn lovejoy
    February 14, 2009 (6:52 am)

This is great,man…Love the cowlick in your hair.That’s reality TV…

• Andy Mashall
    February 14, 2009 (9:09 am)

Ed, thanks so much for the inside glimpse. It’s always so encouraging to me to see how other pastors spend their day preparing. And I’m excited to pick up the new resources that you mentioned. Blessings!
    Andy Marshall

• Kris Washam
    February 14, 2009 (10:27 am)

WOW, very impressed with the artwork Pastor Ed! Did not know there was an idiot’s guide to the Bible. I will have to add that one to my wish list.

• Justin grace
    February 14, 2009 (3:52 pm)

I was wondering how you got your notes to stay in your bible? Tape,staple, paper clip?

• Virginia Tanner
    February 15, 2009 (8:07 am)

Way cool, Ed. I’m an old lady (55) not really old, just seasoned. I’m a cool “G”, short for Grandmother. I’m really excited that God has chosen a fellow like you for these times we’re in. As a teen, I sure could’ve used a guy like you as my spiritual leader. I have ordered your RPM series for my grandchildren and also a recently divorced young person I know. I watch you every Sun a.m. before I leave for church. God richly bless you and your family.It’s great to see you behind the scenes. By the way, I’m an aritst too. Love your Jesus paintings!! Thanks, Virginia

• Carolyn Quinn
    February 15, 2009 (8:17 am)

Hey Ed – I love to make notes in my bible as well. However, I hate to ruin the pags because of bleed through. What highlihter do you use as it looks like it does not bleed through. I want to be able to highlight and then turn the page and not see it on the other side. Thanks – love your teachings – love your dedication to studying. Take care.

• Eimi Middlekauff
    February 17, 2009 (11:33 pm)

LOVE this video guys! So cool to see my pastor gettin practical… its a great way to show us how to study on our own as well 🙂

• Jonathan Bryant
    April 3, 2009 (10:55 am)

Love the T-shirt!

• Walter and Robin Zemaitis
    April 3, 2009 (11:43 am)

Thanks for sharing your “personal” time with all of us. I think it’s great for others to see that your just a normal guy doing what God’s called you to do. Robin “Z”

• Dusty Marshall
    April 3, 2009 (4:13 pm)

Thank you so much for just allowing us to see this. As a young pastor I always wonder if I’m doing to much or not enough. It’s good to know I can be human.
    Pastor D

• nurse2minister
    April 13, 2009 (9:56 pm)

Thanks pastor for showing this. Despite how we feel about a particular sermon, across this great nation, the amount of time pastors put into sermon prep is the unseen portion of a pastors job. It takes about 11 hours or prep per sermon and sometimes because you are afraid of saying the wrong thing that time can be purily labor intensive. I enjoyed watching how you prepare.

• Claudia
    January 8, 2010 (9:25 am)

Thanks for sharing your approach to creatively preaching the Word! Love your Colorful paintings!!I saw a great sermon on Jonah where the paintings were created (3 sermons) x 4 in the sermon series~during the service. The painter painted while the preacher preached.