The Biggest Losers?

Posted on December 17, 2008

For the past few years, The Biggest Loser has been a national phenomenon. And this season, it reached a 'hole 'nutha level for so many of us at Fellowship Church.

Each Tuesday night, our very own Renee Wilson and Michelle Aguilar, her daughter, were cheered on by millions of people. And last night, Michelle won it all! Congratulations, Michelle.

Renee and Michelle - after

When they got to "the ranch," Renee and Michelle had a long way to go - not just a lot of weight to lose. They knew the road would be difficult. But because of their relationship with Jesus and their hard work together, their relationship as mother and daughter has been restored. And along the way, the weight has vanished.

But Michelle won more than a contest or cash prize. And these two women gained more in life together than they lost on the scale. The true life change that they have experienced is a powerful testimony to their love and devotion for Jesus Christ. And the country had a front row seat to it all.

Lisa and I, along with the entire Fellowship family are so proud of you, Renee and Michelle. And, as Renee said last night, you've truly gone to a 'hole 'nutha level

14 Replies to "The Biggest Losers?"

• Chris and Brittani Prater
    December 17, 2008 (5:30 pm)

We are so proud of you, Renee and Michelle! Congrats on the win, but more importantly, on the way that you represented Christ and the relationship He has restored to you.

• Steven and Emily Dilla
    December 18, 2008 (8:48 am)

What an amazing journey! It is so incredible to see all that you guys poured in to this, and we are even more excited to see all that God has done already through your testimonies!

• GatorGar
    December 18, 2008 (10:55 am)

Our Girls are SO classy – representing our Church and our God in a way that made me and my family so proud to be members of Fellowship, but more importantly children of God (not that we weren’t already over the top proud). We not only love them, but all of America fell in love with them and I just hope that many people will re-think their own relationship (or lack of) with our Christ because of them. Way to go Renee and Michelle!!!

• Belynda Warner
    December 18, 2008 (11:25 am)

Thank you for recognizing this amazing achievement, FC, and congrats to Renee and Michelle. Both such beautiful women, both before and after their transformations on the show. We are very proud of you!

• Janay McDonald
    December 18, 2008 (6:58 pm)

It was so amazing to watch Renee and Michelle week after week not just work incredibly hard and face insane challenges, but represent God with such dignity and integrity!! I am so proud to know you. You have inspired me tremendously! Way to go!!!!

• Buddy Cremeans
    December 18, 2008 (6:59 pm)

Congrats Renee and Michelle!
    What an accomplishment!
    Gods BEST to you!
    What an inspiration to ALL of us!

• Rosalyn Dion
    December 18, 2008 (6:59 pm)

I am so proud to call Renee & Michelle sisters in Christ, and so thankful for the example they have given to so many! I wonder what America would be saying about me if they had seen me in that spotlight…challenging! Praise the Lord!

• Blair
    December 18, 2008 (7:00 pm)

Renee and Michelle were the only reason I continued watching this season! Praise the Lord for this wonderful outcome! I was proud of the way you guys represented not just Fellowship Church but our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! He is the Great Physician and it was a joy to watch Him transform your lives inside and out.
    My family has greatly missed FC since our move – we wish there were more churches like ours (we still consider FC “home”) out there.
    Congratulations Ladies and God Bless!!

• Jackie Shepherd
    December 19, 2008 (8:51 am)

And I understand that it was Vanessa Whitwell who encouraged Renee to join this venture…What a blessing for these 2 and Thank God for Fellowship Church as I am certain they gained so much support from you, but mostly from our Loving God!
    Blessings,
    Jackie Shepherd

• Roderick Wilson
    December 19, 2008 (8:51 am)

You are truly my hero and my best friend. I am so proud of you and Michelle for the things that you accomplished during this fantastic journey. God truly does answer prayers, and he answered my prayers when I met you. I will love you always my beautiful wife!!!!!

• Beth D
    December 19, 2008 (9:59 pm)

HI! I had no idea you both attended Fellowship – I have never watched the biggest loser until this season – I happened to be at the gym every time it was on and the last several weeks I have cheered you two on!!!! You are such an inspiration to so many people! It sure would be wonderful to get something started at Fellowship about weight loss! I have struggle for about 20 years now and I know it is the evil one who is keeping me down BUT I still can not seem to break through…. Anyway I am so very very happy for you two!!
    Blessing!
    Beth D

• Lara Ford
    December 21, 2008 (9:03 pm)

The grace and integrity displayed by Michelle and Renee throughout BL6 was so refreshing to witness. Thank you for inspiring others. We are so proud of your accomplishments and are thankful to have witnessed the journey. God bless you and yours this holiday season and beyond.

• Babetta
    December 21, 2008 (9:04 pm)

The Biggest Loser is one of my favorite shows! Renee and Michelle were my picks from the beginning. I am so happy they were able to rebuild their relationship and change their lives forever. Congratulations to Michelle. It was great to see someone who played with integrity and heart. The negativity this season was appalling, so I’m glad kindness won out in the end.

• Elysa Rice
    December 22, 2008 (9:22 am)

I’ve never seen Biggest Loser until last week when I happened to be at a friend’s who was watching it. When I heard Renee say “whole notha level” I immediately thought of you Ed and I wondered if she got that from you. And alas she did! Congratulations to Michelle & Renee.
    And thank you to everyone at Fellowship for the many many lives you’ve touched throughout the years – from MacArthur high school days to Miami.